Government e-Marketplace (GeM) is a one-stop portal to facilitate online procurement of common use goods & services required by various Government Departments / Organizations / PSUs in India. GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement. It provides the tools for e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation to facilitate the departments to achieve the best value for their money.
The purchases through GeM by Government users have been authorized and made mandatory by the Ministry of Finance by adding a new Rule No. 149 in the General Financial Rules, 2017. The platform can be accessed at https://gem.gov.in/. At National Tenders, we help in tender submission service through GeM portal. Let’s understand why you should register as a seller on GeM portal.
GeM Advantages For Sellers
- Direct access to all Government departments
- One-stop shop for marketing with minimal efforts
- One-stop shop for bids / reverse auction on products / services
- New Product Suggestion facility available to Sellers.
- Dynamic pricing: Price can be changed based on market conditions
- Seller friendly dashboard for selling, and monitoring of supplies and payments
- Consistent and uniform purchase procedures.
Advantages of Selling on the Government e-Marketplace (GeM Portal)
Government of India is one of the largest purchasers of goods and services in India, spending lakhs of crores annually. However, most SMEs and Startups in India have been unable to sell to the Government due to cumbersome procedures and delays in payment. The Government e-Marketplace or GeM aims at disrupting the current system and introducing a clean and efficient mechanism for Government purchases. Hence, it’s now advisable for all businesses to be registered on the Government E-Marketplace and make the Government a customer. The following are some of the additional benefits of being a seller on the Government E-Marketplace:
- No need to watch for tenders of different government departments: Once you offer your products/services, govt. departments would themselves approach you.
- Freedom from product registration: No need to run for product and model registration, etc.
- Products accepted against supplier’s guarantee / warranty and generally free from regular consignment inspection testing and evaluation procedures.
- Freedom from fixed specifications: No need to customize to given specifications. Market your product with all features defined by you. Update and upgrade products as soon and as many times as you find it necessary.
- Dynamic pricing – price can be changed based on market conditions – no fixed price for the whole year – no fear of fluctuation of raw material prices or exchange rate variations.
- Dynamic product listing – no need to run for model up-gradation / changes. List your latest products and market them based on features and your competitive prices.
- Get complete information of all Govt. requirements through Annual Procurement Plans.
- Timely payment guaranteed.
- Consistent and uniform purchase procedures and terms and conditions of contract.
Steps to register as a SELLER in GeM
1. Go to https://gem.gov.in
2. Click on Sign Up option and select Seller option.
3. Enter your Aadhar number and registered mobile number linked with Aadhar.
4. Click on verify Aadhar and you will get an OTP on your Aadhar linked number.
5. If it is successful then you will get the following screen.
6. You will notice that your first name and last name will be according to Aadhar card.
7. Enter your email id and OTP will be sent to that email id. Verify that OTP.
8. Select the constitution of your company from the available options
9. Create your User ID and Password as per the instruction.
10. Read all the terms and conditions.
11. Click on the check box and press the Create Account button.
12. Confirm whether you are the Primary Seller.
13. If clicked on Yes, your account will now be created on GEM.
If you face any issues in registering, do contact us on www.nationaltenders.com, the leading platform for tender submission, tender bidding, vendor registration and tender information.